The First Baptist Church in Wickford is a vibrant seaside fellowship of Christians located in an historic fishing village, overlooking scenic Narragansett Bay across from Newport in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. Our active church membership is 68, with 40 regular attendees during Sunday morning services. Within our mature congregation you will discover a rich tapestry of generations, as families have grown in their Christian faith together.
We are looking for a pastor to lead our congregation in worship through insightful sermons and a harmonious blend of traditional and contemporary Christian music delivered in a traditional yet unpretentious worship service. A pastor called to our church will complement and build upon existing educational, fellowship, visitation, and mission outreach programs.
Our church is in search of a part-time minister to shepherd us into the next chapter of our faith-based activities, cultivating the enthusiasm and passion necessary for the renewed growth of our church. We plan to adopt the “Unit Model” of compensation as established by ABCORI to include seven units (3/4 time) at an annual compensation package between $55,000 and $70,000.
The ideal pastoral candidate will possess an advanced degree and an American Baptist-recognized ordination—or complete the process of having his/her ordination recognized within twelve months of being called—to work with our church laity, leadership groups and professional staff to:
- Interpret the faith through the integration of biblical, spiritual and current-based perspectives.
- Deliver engaging and inclusive messages that are meaningful and relevant to today’s challenges and demands.
- Provide pastoral care and spiritual counseling that is devout and compassionate for our congregation.
- Develop our spiritual life through the execution of programs and activities to attain our membership growth goals.
- Expand our church programs to include collaborations with area churches and community organizations.
Visitors to our church, are greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic group of parishioners on a collective journey of spiritual growth through God’s grace.
How To Apply
Please send a letter of interest and your resume to Rev. Kathryn Palen at [email protected].