Cheektowaga Baptist Church (Cheektowaga, NY) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Cheektowaga Baptist Church (cheektowagabaptist.org) is seeking a Pastor who will preach the Word of God and equip the Church for the work of the ministry.
Summary of Duties: The Pastor will carefully watch over and guide the spiritual interests of the church, and perform all duties inherent in the office of pastor. He will help to shepherd the flock through preaching, teaching, ministry oversight, and other pastoral duties. The ministry priorities are:
- Communicating a comprehensive understanding of the Bible and Christian theology in terms relevant to persons’ lives (Interpreting the Faith).
- Providing a teaching ministry that is based on theological, educational, and historical foundations (Education).
- Preach the Word by spending adequate time reflecting on the Word and listening for the Word’s power and its implications for individuals, the church, the community, and the world (Preaching).
- Provide opportunities for individuals or groups to understand and enhance the spiritual dimensions of their personal lives (Spiritual Life Development).
- Seek to recognize and call forth the potential of persons as leaders, providing opportunities for their training and growth (Leadership Development).
- Make formal and informal connections with church members and others in their homes, at work, or other settings (Visitation).
- Provide by word and presence an empathetic understanding of and concern for persons in the routine and joys of life as well as in the crises and transitions of life, giving assistance where appropriate and feasible (Pastoral Care).
- Provide opportunities for individual, couples, families and/or groups to enter a healing relationship (Counseling).
Church Leadership Structure: The Pastor will serve as the immediate supervisor to all paid staff of the church. The Pastor will serve as an ex officio member on all teams and committees of the church, as well as on the Deacon Council on Ministry. The Pastor will also serve as an ex officio member without privilege of vote on the Trustees of the church.
Qualifications. A man who:
- Loves God deeply and is committed to prayer.
- Accepts the Purpose Statement, Confession of Faith, and Member’s Covenant of the Cheektowaga Community Baptist Church.
- Joyfully holds to the final authority of God’s Word without apology or compromise.
- Has a passion for evangelism and discipleship.
- Humbly possesses gifts in teaching, preaching, and leadership.
- Can develop, encourage, or help to lead volunteer teams effectively.
- Promotes a spirit of love and unity among staff and congregation. Seeks to resolve conflict biblically and quickly.
- Leads by example and participates in church activities in order to grow personally.
- Master’s degree from an accredited seminary.
Compensation: Basic $75,000 salary and $15,000 housing. A more comprehensive salary and benefits package will be negotiated and will be subject to Trustee approval.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at CBC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of CBC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of CBC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].