Reformed Baptist Church (Lewisburg, PA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Reformed Baptist Church (rbclewisburg.org) is seeking a full-time Pastor. Prerequisites
- Biblically qualified.
- A born again and baptized man.
- A man who gives clear evidence that he is filled with the Holy Spirit and walks with the Lord on a regular basis.
- His life is a godly example for both the church and community to follow.
- Believes in the power of prayer and seeks God’s guidance for His church through earnest prayer.
- He has confidence in God’s calling on his life to serve as a pastor.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the entire word of God.
- Preaches and teaches sound biblical doctrine.
- Fully supports the mission and/or purpose of the church.
- Is in full agreement with the church’s statement of faith.
- Maintains a healthy balance between pastoral responsibilities and family life in accordance with the scriptures.
- Demonstrates a personal, intentional and daily devotional experience for spiritual growth.
- Demonstrates a genuine love for people and a commitment to work with all ages of
- the membership and all areas of ministry.
Purpose of the Position
The Pastor shall serve the Lord by serving the congregation of RBC in shared ministry with the church officers. His primary responsibility shall be to provide leadership to the congregation through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God, oversight of personal shepherding, and by facilitating vision and planning by the church officers and ministry teams.
Spheres of Responsibility
Preaching and Teaching
The primary responsibility of the Pastor shall be the communication of
God’s Word in preaching and teaching settings to promote the spiritual nurture of the congregation. The following guidelines are important:
- In the scope of preaching and teaching over time, effort shall be made to encompass the whole counsel of God’s Word, particularly as expressed in the church’s statement of faith.
- The preaching shall be expository and exegetical in nature – incorporating both topical and book series in the Old and New Testaments.
- The preaching and teaching shall seek to communicate and apply the Scriptures with relevance to multiple generations and an increasingly diverse congregation.
- He shall oversee the subject matter of preaching and coordinate the preaching schedule as well as guests who will fill the pulpit.
- He shall preach and teach the Word of God in the context of relationships with people in the church and community, and shall evidence the ability to speak the truth in love, yet with conviction.
- He shall support the teaching of the Word of God in adult Bible study.
The Pastor shall seek to promote the spiritual formation of the leadership
and congregation through personal modeling, teaching, and encouragement. He shall cultivate and foster his own personal spiritual well-being as well as that of his family, practicing the spiritual disciplines necessary for genuine godliness.
- Worship – He shall be integrally involved in planning the worship services and work with the music ministry personnel to promote meaningful worship.
- He shall coordinate the ordinances of the local church – the Lord’s Supper and Believers’ Baptism.
- He shall promote the importance of and facilitate meaningful membership in the local church as a part of God’s will for every believer.
- Prayer – He shall oversee and promote the prayer ministry of the congregation, both individual and corporate.
- Body Life – He shall promote the fulfillment of the “one another” commands of Scripture through personal modeling, teaching, and encouragement.
The Pastor shall provide leadership for RBC by facilitating vision and planning by the church officers and ministry teams that is consistent with the Mission Statement of the church.
- He shall be a team leader, seeking to promote oneness among the church officers and ministry team leaders, facilitating communication and working with the church’s leadership toward effective ministry.
- He shall be committed to a servant leadership model and be willing to build consensus whenever possible.
- He shall facilitate the orientation, spiritual enrichment, and skill enhancement of those who serve as Elders and Deacons.
- He shall work with the other Elders in identifying potential godly leadership and shall implement leadership training that will insure the provision of ongoing leadership for the church.
- He shall implement the decisions and policies of the church officers in leading the congregation.
- He shall seek to enhance his own ministry effectiveness by availing himself of appropriate educational opportunities and seminars.
The Pastor shall share in pastoral care, visitation, and counseling in coordination with other church officers and the ministry teams.
- He shall be active in the shepherding of the congregation after the example of Christ in such a way as to remain “connected” to the congregational life.
- He shall work with the church officers and ministry teams to mobilize the congregation for greater ministry to one another.
- He shall be available and involved in the baptism of believers, weddings, funerals, recognition of new members, and instruction and counseling appropriate to each.
- He shall provide spiritual and biblical counseling according to his gifts, capabilities, and time, and shall be free to refer to others at his discretion.
The Pastor shall demonstrate administrative abilities to promote excellence in the ministries of RBC.
- He shall participate in meetings as appropriate and necessary for the efficient implementation of the ministry.
- He shall be free to delegate appropriately.
- He shall utilize the master church calendar in such a way as to coordinate ministry opportunities throughout the year.
- He shall submit a written report to the congregation at the annual meeting.
- He shall oversee the office staff in its daily operation, seeking to insure efficiency and excellence.
- He shall maintain regular office hours.
He shall promote the RBC’s oneness with other local evangelical churches as well as upholding a God-honoring reputation in the community on behalf of the congregation, along with the church officers and ministry teams.
- He shall participate in local and regional ministerial fellowships as time and discretion allow.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Reformed Baptist church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Reformed Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Reformed Baptist Church and New Covenant Theology?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].