The International Church of Bangkok (Bang Rak, Bangkok) – Pastor
The Big Picture
The International Church of Bangkok (ICB) (icbangkok.org) is seeking a full-time Pastor.
The International Church of Bangkok (ICB) is truly international. Its 125 active members come from 21 different nations, many different denominations, and from all walks of life. ICB is a 91-year-old English-speaking congregation located in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand’s capital and largest city, and one of the most vibrant metropolises in the world.
General Summary: The Pastor shall preach the Word, administer the sacraments and conduct public worship consistent with Protestant traditions. He/ She shall care for Christ’s people individually and as a congregation, give instruction, receive into membership, conduct weddings according to the teachings of the Church and the Laws of Thailand, visit the sick, distressed and bereaved, and conduct funeral services. He/ She shall strive to extend the kingdom of God in the community and shall impart knowledge of the Church and its wider ministry. He/ She acts as a preacher/teacher, guarder and articulator of vision and mission of ICB and ensure proper church administration and pastoral care.
“The Pastor is not responsible for doing all the work, but for seeing that it is done and done properly.”
I Corinthians 14:40
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Faith life of ICB
Create an inviting, welcoming community of faith.
Lead and/or encourage gatherings outside of the Sunday worship setting (Bible study, meetings, and fellowship events).
Design and implement plan to educate and involve new members in ministry.
Support the work of ICB ministry partners.
Work with Church Council and other key leaders to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
Preaching and teaching ministry of ICB
- Prepare and deliver a weekly sermon at both the morning and evening services.
- Prepare preaching plans to facilitate worship planning.
- Work with ICB staff, worship service leader and church choir members in the planning of worship services.
- Develop Christian education for all ages, to include overseeing the Sunday school.
ICB’s visibility in the community
- Work with congregational members to welcome prospective members.
- Look for ways to get positive publicity for ICB.
- Develop consistent plan for prospect follow-up.
- Ensure that ICB website is engaging, up-to-date and helpful to visitors.
- Monitor ICB official Facebook page.
- Oversee all publications – e-newsletter, worship handouts, letters.
Pastoral Care for ICB
- Arrange hospital, bereavement and funeral visitation.
- Be available to facilitate assistance for those in need of counseling.
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
Administration of ICB
- Install the members of the Church Council.
- Oversee financial management of ICB.
- Supervise ICB staff and arrange weekly/monthly meetings.
- Keep the membership rolls of the congregation, reporting quarterly thereon to the Church Council.
- Record pastoral acts in the official church register, which shall remain the property of the congregation.
- Other duties as discussed with Church Council.
- Ordained Pastor with Master of Divinity degree from an accredited Protestant seminary or school of theology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry and church leadership.
- International or multicultural experience: Desired.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at ICB?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of ICB?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of ICB?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to [email protected].