- Job title: Pastor of Small Groups/Community Life
- 1st level of accountability: Community Life Pastor
- Time commitment: Full-time
- Understands the vision and mission of NLF.
- Committed to the pastoral Rule of Life.
- Ability to identify, equip and release small group leaders and Huddle coaches.
- Ability to identify, equip and release mid-sized community leaders.
- Strong and proven leadership, communication and pastoral experience.
The Pastor of Small Groups & Communities plays a key role in the health and formation of our New Life community by focusing on the support of our small groups and mid-sized communities. This role identifies, equips, releases and cares for small group and mid-sized community leaders. The role works closely with the Connections and Equipping Pastor to support Pathway events with the intention of identifying small group and community leaders.
- Identify, equip and release 15-20 new small group leaders per year.
- Primary focus on neighborhood groups.
- Secondary focus on developing virtual groups and seasonal groups.
- Train new and existing small group leaders.
- Resource leaders with sermon-based curriculum and others.
- Connect with and provide pastoral care for small group leaders.
- Sunday lobby presence, bi-monthly via phone, email, 1-1 connections, visiting groups, etc.
- Connection and training through quarterly Huddles.
- Support the Huddle Leader Coach.
- Strengthen and encourage connection of church members to small groups.
- Quarterly Group Meeting.
- Lobby presence.
- Develop multiplying small groups.
- Support small group and communities initiatives.
- Summer Parties (Small Group hosted).
- Christmas Parties (hosted by Communities).
- Sept Small Group Kick off Sunday and Signups.
- May Small Group Leader BBQ/Celebration.
- Support Pathway events, Communitas and EHD classes.
- Lead a table at the EHD courses.
- Pastoral support and presence for Communitas and Newcomers Gathering.
- Initiate and provide support for 15-20 summer parties for the purpose of building community and evangelism.
- Identify and meet with leaders and hosts of the events.
- Management of ministry budget.
- General pastoral duties as required by all pastoral staff (weddings, funerals, etc.).