Pastor of Youth and Families (Part-time 20 hrs/week)
Second Congregational Church of Winsted, Connecticut, seeks a Pastor of Youth and Families dedicated to the Great Commission to serve our church family and community. We seek a dedicated disciple of Jesus Christ to share the pulpit with the Senior Pastor and to create, implement, and promote youth programs to advance the gospel in the hearts and minds of young people, to make disciples of Jesus, and to be a resource to parents in their God-given responsibilities to raise their children in the ways of the Lord. We are a small church seeking to advance the kingdom of God in our community and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preach and lead traditional worship approximately two times per month.
- Oversee Sunday School.
- Provide weekly Christ-centered programs and activities for young people.
- Provide students opportunities for regular Bible study and prayer.
- Organize and lead mission trips and other Christ-centered trips and programs as appropriate.
- Engage in the community to expand the reach of youth programs at Second Congregational Church.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Assist Senior Pastor with visitation and other duties.
- Assist at or lead special services.
- Bachelor’s in biblical studies or similar (minimum) from an accredited Bible college or seminary with an interest in continuing relevant studies (Master’s preferred).
- Meets the qualifications for church leadership according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Committed to a life of Bible study, prayer, spreading the gospel, and growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Skilled communicator capable of writing and delivering original sermons rooted in a Bible text, generally expository in style with applications for God’s people.
- Fully in agreement with the essential doctrines of the Christian faith found in our Statement of Faith. Committed to unity in Christ, fully subscribing to the statement: In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity.
- Ability to engage with diverse groups, showing forth the love of Jesus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player who can give and take instructions.
- Tech and social media savvy.
- Previous youth experience is highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits
- $25,000-$40,000 per year depending on experience and training.
- Paid time off.
- Tuition assistance for further relevant studies.
- Flexible regular hours consistent with program needs.
- Potential for advancement to Senior Pastor.
- Relocation assistance.