Small Groups and Campus Pastor
Pathway Church (Moon Campus)
Denomination: Evangelical Free
Weekly Attendance: 1400
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
The Role: Small Groups and Campus Pastor
Pathway Church Cafe Meet Pathway Church (Moon Campus):
Pathway Church, formerly known as Chippewa Evangelical Free Church, opened its doors on Easter Sunday in 1975. Thirty-nine people attended that first service at the Brighton Township Fireman’s Social Hall. After meeting in various locations for the next few years, the congregation acquired our current Braun Road property and constructed a building on it. The first service took place on April 15, 1979. From the first gathering in the social hall to the present, where approximately 1,400 people worship each weekend, Pathway Church has been marvelously blessed by God. Pathway Church has also expanded into two campuses in 2013 with the launch of Moon Campus in Crescent Township. Through it all, the vision of impacting our community and bringing hope and healing through Jesus Christ has remained our deep and abiding commitment. And that will never change.
About the Small Groups and Campus Pastor:
The Small Groups/Campus Pastor will have two primary roles in the life of Pathway Church: organizing and maintaining a vibrant small group life, and leading and growing our Moon Campus. He is to be a high-capacity leader who builds teams to ensure the success of our Small Groups and Moon Campus. Success is defined as a growing ministry that fulfills the vision of Pathway Church by being and making disciples of Jesus Christ. The pastor will work to equip God’s people so that the body of Christ will mature spiritually (Ephesians 4:11-13).
The Small Groups and Campus Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- Small Group Leadership — Support small groups at both campuses, coach new leaders as additional groups are needed, and facilitate the placement of individuals into groups.
- Sunday Morning Leadership — Manage Sunday service and operations at Moon Campus. Connect relationally with the congregation and provide energetic up-front leadership and communication. Preach occasionally.
- Team Oversight — Oversee the ministry leaders at the Moon Campus (Worship, Children’s, First Impressions, etc.) and small group coaches at both campuses.
- Leadership Development — Develop disciples and leaders to support small group functions and Moon Campus activities.
- Campus Connection Events — Develop a team to carry out Moon Campus events, both congregational and outreach, on a regular basis.
- Budget — Manage the small groups and Moon Campus budget.
- Pastoral Oversight — Provide pastoral care as needed within small groups and at Moon Campus.
Pathway Church Gathering What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Small Groups & Campus Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
- Pastoral ministry experience, preferred.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Catalytic Leader — High energy and self-starter; can recruit and develop impactful teams.
- Buy-In — Knows Pathway’s ministry philosophy and fully embraces and supports it.
- Conflict Resolver — Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflict, ministry misalignment, or sin issues.
- Learner — Is a motivated learner who welcomes opportunities to grow.
- Person of Integrity — Makes wise decisions based on biblical values.
- Self-Aware — Knows personal strengths and weaknesses and manages both well.
- Growing Disciple — Fully devoted to following Jesus in all areas of life.
Pathway Church Moon Campus What it’s Like to Live in Beaver Falls, PA:
Located along rolling hills and the Beaver River, charming Beaver Falls, PA, has it all, including affordability, community, and natural beauty. Once an industrial hub, the historic town now has Victorian homes and repurposed brick buildings housing unique shops. The Geneva College campus adds vibrancy.
Enjoy the outdoors in Beaver Falls by kayaking down the Beaver River or exploring the forests with trails leading to waterfalls. In town, enjoy the weekly farmer’s market, vibrant coffee shops, and local art galleries. Come explore hidden gems and feel the community’s pulse in this riverside retreat.