The Dingman Company is assisting Avant Ministries, based in Kansas City, MO, in seeking its next President. Avant is an interdenominational, multinational missionary sending organization that focuses on planting and developing churches in the unreached areas of the world. Currently there are 500+ missionaries spanning the globe.
The president’s job description will be clearly defined in the Avant Board Policy Governance documents and the president’s success will be based on regular monitoring of his or her compliance with those policies and fulfillment of the Ends. The president’s performance will be reviewed annually by the Board of Directors.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors and is the organization’s
- Evaluates strategy results and provides periodic monitoring reports to the Board according to the schedule in the Board Policy Governance documents.
- Provides the overarching leadership to the organization in a servant leadership, transparent style as well as the strategic leadership needed for the effective functioning of the ministry in reaching its Ends.
- Casts the vision for the ministry’s mission.
- Determines the annual budgets, capital expenditures and obtains approval of such from the Board as required in the Board Policies, and ensures through quarterly monitoring reports to the Board that finances adhere to such budgets.
- Assures that the fundraising, financial management, stewardship, and human resources are consistent with Avant’s policies, projections, and objectives.
- Ensures that communications (website, internet communications, mailings, printed materials, videos, etc.) reflect the ministry’s high standards of excellence.
- Engages in public relations activities for the sake of increasing awareness of the Avant brand and mission, and the creation of synergistic relations in philanthropic circles, and with sending agencies, churches, and other like-minded ministries.
Please see the Opportunity Profile for additional information.
How To Apply
To express interest or for further information on this position, please contact: