A great opportunity to come join the Union Church Leadership Team. We are looking for a part time Youth Pastor who wants to jump into Youth Ministry. We have an existing youth program; and, would love for you to come and build upon the already great work that has been accomplished. We look forward to seeing what God has in store for our church and youth through our new Youth Pastor
This position will support the Pastor as Youth Pastor and lead teachers and those children in grades 5-12 to experience Jesus through ministry programming and other avenues.
Filling in to preach for the Pastor as needed; there may be more opportunities if desired.
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with Union Church’s (UC) Statement of Faith, Church Covenant, Vision and Mission. Please see these documents attached (or see sofox.org).
- Develop a vision for the ministry in alignment with UC mission.
- Lead and facilitate weekly youth group gatherings, Bible studies and discipleship with primary focus to know Christ as Savior and maintaining that relationship.
- Establish and maintain healthy, caring relationships with the students, ensuring personal care and attention towards their spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Lead and plan retreats (2 per year; Winter and Summer Retreats/Camps) and/or mission trips/community service or other special projects.
- Build relationships with parents and provide excellent communication with them. Provide counsel where appropriate and training for parents of teenagers as requested.
- Maintain the youth group’s online presence (Instagram, etc.).
- Recruit, evaluate and approve volunteers from within the church body to serve in the church’s youth ministry.
- Be trained in and train and review the Union Church Child Care Policy with volunteer leaders yearly and as needed (i.e. new volunteer joins mid-year).
- In conjunction with the church, help facilitate evangelistic efforts to reach out to the surrounding community.
- As far as possible, ensure the ministry is integrated into the life of the church as a whole.
- Participate in worship services as requested.
- Be part of leadership meetings.
- Committed, born-again Christian, Biblically knowledgeable, and of good reputation (1Timothy 3:1-7). In good standing with family and community.
- Morally pure with a commitment to personal spiritual growth.
- Possessing a genuine love for people with absolutely pure motivations, and models Christ’s love, grace and mercy through words and actions.
- Gifted in connecting with students and parents.
- Communicate well with leadership of the church.
- Several years of experience working with teens.
- Relevant ministry degree is preferred/helpful, but not required.
Hours and Compensation: 25 hours a week. Compensation includes an hourly rate, housing allowance, health insurance, paid vacation time and compensation for time served during camps/retreats. Total package is $38,000.
How To Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a resume to:
Youth Pastor Search Committee
384 South St.
Foxborough, MA 02035
Email at [email protected]