Senior Associate Pastor
Date Posted: March 22, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
First Central Bible Church
Chicopee, MA, USA
Job Type: Lead/Head/Senior Pastor
Pastor Mark is planning to retire in September 2025. FCBC is searching for a man who will serve as Senior Associate Pastor for a period of time and then step into the role of Senior Pastor in Fall 2025. If you are interested in applying, send your resume with video links of sermons to [email protected].
- To serve the local church by coordinating, implementing, and actively participating in the programs and ministries of the church with the purpose of eventually transitioning to the role of Senior Pastor.
- Will work under the direction, guidance, and mentorship of the current Senior Pastor during this transition period to develop and improve ministry skills needed as a Senior Pastor.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in all areas of responsibility (see job description of Senior Pastor attached) to facilitate the vision, plans and programs of the church currently in place.
- Will assist in development of new programs and ministries in keeping with the church’s vision and goals.
- Will assist the Senior Pastor with preaching and teaching responsibilities as assigned.
- Will provide leadership to professional and support staff as needed and as assigned by Senior Pastor and Council of Elders.
- Will build relationships within the church family and community through active participation in areas of ministry.
Meet the qualifications of an elder as outlined in Scripture (I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- Be an ordained minister of the Gospel (or actively involved in an ordination process).
- Be gifted as a Pastor-Teacher (Ephesians 4: 11-16).
- Demonstrate maturity in leadership and decision-making.
- Be a team-builder/team player; Ability to edify, encourage, support.
- Have experience in, and zeal for, the work of pastoral ministry.
- Have a teachable spirit, an open mind, and servant’s heart.
- Demonstrate a commitment to, and agree with, the purpose statement and statement of faith of First Central Bible Church.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, send your resume with video links of sermons to [email protected].