Crossroads Community Baptist Church (Ann Arbor) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Crossroads Community Baptist Church (crossroadsa2.org) is seeking a Senior Pastor for a medium sized SBC church in a liberal college town.
The senior pastor of Crossroads Community Baptist Church (CCBC) is the spiritual leader and shepherd of the church. The senior pastor will meet the personal and spiritual qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1Peter 5:2-3. He is responsible for preaching and teaching the word of God while leading the people and the ministries of the church to fulfill the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). The senior pastor is accountable to the Lord to work collaboratively with the Leadership Council, church staff, and other ministry leaders. Through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support, and other appropriate methods, the senior pastor works to assure effective, efficient, and coordinated teamwork in all of the ministries of the Church. He must be willing to perform his duties in accordance with the constitution and bylaws of the church.
- The senior pastor must have a Master of Divinity or Theology degree (although a doctoral degree is preferred).
- The senior pastor must have five years full-time pastoral experience.
- A person of faith, vision, and leadership.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and is able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Maintains regular and disciplined personal worship, Bible study, and prayer.
- An effective communicator. He is flexible, friendly, tactful, compassionate, approachable, and honest.
- Deals with conflict biblically according to Matthew 18:15-17 and Matthew 5:23-24.
- Exemplifies the Scriptural qualifications of an Elder.
- Should have skills in pastoral care, teaching, leadership, and exhortation.
- Be a member of the church.
- Serve as a member of all pastor search teams.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Council, a group of men and women responsible for leading the church to function in alignment with God’s mission/vision for the church.
- Coordinate worship services, prepare and deliver sermons, provide pulpit supply when absent or unable to preach, and conduct the ordinances of the church.
- Work with the Leadership Council to plan, coordinate, and evaluate the total church program.
- Evangelism – Lead the church in a program of sharing the Gospel and in caring for persons in the church and in the community.
- Discipleship – Lead the church in an ongoing program of teaching and training to make disciples.
- Mentoring – Demonstrate passion to coach and teach others.
- Pastoral Counseling – Give biblical counsel, maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Work with staff and ministry teams to provide pastoral care for church members.
- Organize new membership classes.
- Perform wedding ceremonies, baptisms, and conduct funerals.
- Chair the church Ministry Council, a group of men and women who are responsible for the tactical implementation of the church mission/vision, including ministry scheduling, coordination, and communication.
- Conduct membership transfer interviews and take decision to grant membership to prospective transferring members to the Leadership Council.
- Work with the men and women on the Leadership Council to fulfill its responsibilities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of ministries’ plans.
- Oversee and coordinate the various ministries.
- An ex officio member of teams and ministries.
- Work creatively and effectively as head of a pastoral staff team.
- Administer responsibly staff members at CCBC, providing support, encouragement, training, accountability, delegation, and direction in their ministries.
- Assume an advisory role for staff members in areas that have their own leadership.
- Maintain strong accountability with the CCBC staff in all areas of ministry for spiritual and numerical growth.
- Work with each staff member to maintain a balanced work schedule.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Crossroads?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Crossroads?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Crossroads?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].