Rush City Baptist Church is looking for a Senior Pastor who will fulfill God’s vision for Rush City Baptist Church through effective communication and relational skills. Our next pastor will lead and direct the preaching/teaching ministry, ensuring that a biblically based message of significance is delivered with passion and excellence. While under the supervision of the Elder Board, the next Senior Pastor will act as leader and shepherd of the staff and church.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
• Ordained with a ministerial license
• Master’s degree or higher from an accredited seminary
• 5+ years of experience in pastoral ministry preaching-teaching, leadership, and supervision of multi-function staff
Candidates who are interested in becoming Rush City Baptist Church’s next Senior Pastor must:
- Be willing to become a member of the church
- Be willing to relocate to the Rush City area
- Be committed to the vision, mission, affirmation of faith and ministry at Rush City Baptist Church
- Provide strong recommendations and references
- Possess a personal background that reflects strong moral and ethical character
- Effectively communicate as a preacher-teacher, a visionary, and a spiritual and servant leader with capable experience in the supervision of staff and shepherding of a congregation
We ask that only those who currently possess these attributes consider applying:
- Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibits the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Earnestly seeks God’s will above all other possible motivations
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church
- Possesses an irenic spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body
- Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- Exhibits Christ’s love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body
- Actively disciples and mentors individuals as Christ did with His disciples
Rush City Baptist Church is looking for a pastor who will, with God’s leading, fulfill the following list of important responsibilities:
- Seek to discern God’s message and spend appropriate time and study to develop and deliver that message.
- Employ a variety of preaching and teaching methods. Develop and lead a teaching/preaching team to provide live messages and improve the online presence of the church. Teach and facilitate seminars, classes, or courses for the purpose of fulfilling the mission of Rush City Baptist Church.
- Vision: Seek God’s direction, develop His vision for Rush City Baptist Church, and fulfill that vision in a way that maximizes available gifts and resources. Seek to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for the church. Work to accomplish a vision for the church while respecting and cooperating with lay leaders and Ministry Teams.
- Pastoral Staff: Collaboratively lead and oversee the professional pastoral staff for successful ministry in the community. Provide ongoing discipleship, mentoring, and spiritual oversight.
- Lay Leadership: Identify and develop gifted men and women. Continually evaluate effectiveness of programs and propose creative ideas for improvement. Collaboratively lead and oversee the lay leadership for successful ministry in the community. Provide ongoing discipleship, mentoring, and spiritual oversight.
- Congregational Leadership: Challenge and inspire the congregation to be transformed personally by the Holy Spirit. Building on an established foundation of worship, missions, and children’s ministries, seek to guide our congregation into developing deeper relationships and become servant leaders who impact and reach out to our community and world for Christ.
- Relational Care: Intentionally seek to know Rush City Baptist Church and the surrounding community, demonstrate hospitality, actively listen, provide biblical instruction, and desire to care for those who don’t know Christ.
- Congregational Care: Provide counseling/mentoring services as needed. Participate in various special services and events such as weddings, funerals, prayer meetings, baptisms, child dedications, communion, etc.
- Sister Church: Foster our sister church relationship with Rakovka Church in Kremenchuk, Ukraine through correspondence, travel, and prayer.
- Other Missionaries: Foster and promote relationships with current and future missionaries.
- Community Outreach: Promote the Gospel and Rush City Baptist Church through volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Personal Missions: Have a heart to reach the lost and disciple the Church.
How To Apply
Applications for our position will only be accepted through our Converge Pastor Placement Process (P3). To apply or for more information, go to http://convergep3.org/Register.