Join us as we prepare to meet the challenges of our second century. Established in 1925, the historic Community Church of East Williston is a Mainline, Interdenominational Protestant Church serving the needs of persons from all backgrounds. We have a faithful, hardworking congregational core and seek a Senior Minister who, through Christian love and action, will help us turn those with occasional attendance into members with faithful commitment. The position requires an experienced, ordained Protestant minister with youthful enthusiasm to reestablish CCEW as a “Light in the Community.” We offer a competitive salary and a beautiful manse in a verdant suburb with a highly ranked school district (top 10% in NY), 45 minutes from Manhattan via railroad.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is an ordained minister and graduate of an accredited Protestant Seminary (CCEW will facilitate ordination if necessary)
- Maintains a cheerful and enthusiastic outlook
- Preaches interesting, thoughtful, and provocative sermons relating Scripture to everyday lives.
- Fosters relationships with youth and young families
- Collaborates with lay leadership and church staff to coordinate and conduct the ministries of the church
- Counsels congregants and committees
- Uses social media to further the goals of the church Considers high quality and diverse music to be a vital part of worship
- Demonstrates team building and conflict resolution skills
- Visits congregants in need
- Works to expand the influence of the church in the community
- Provides wedding support including rehearsals
- Has experience in pastoral ministry
How To Apply
The Pastoral Search Committee is accepting packages containing (but not limited to) your resume and online samples of your sermons. We’d like to hear about your call to ministry, your beliefs, and style of ministry.
Please email your response to: [email protected]:
Community Church of East Williston
Pastoral Search Committee
Mary Ellen Williams, Chairperson
45 East Williston Avenue
East Williston, NY 11596