About Valley Hope Church:
The vision of Valley Hope Church is to see the kingdom of Jesus transform the Swannanoa Valley. The vision expresses itself through our core values of: Gospel, Discipleship, Mission, and Community. We do this as a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church through a variety of ministries to children, students, adults, and missions to the schools, neighborhoods, and people of need in our midst.
This position is primarily one of discipleship and leadership that exists to serve the middle and high school students of Valley Hope Church, with an emphasis on our female students. It also involves leading youth ministry volunteer leaders, working with parents, assisting in the coordination and vision of Valley Hope Student Ministry Programs, and praying for students, leaders, and parents in the Swannanoa Valley.
Relational Ministry & Discipleship
- Help develop a discipleship strategy for VHC student ministry, and lead the implementation of it with our female students.
- Invest time into developing personal discipling relationships with students, particularly females, inside and outside the walls of Valley Hope Church.
- Invest time into developing, training, and equipping our volunteers and coming alongside parents in order to multiply our discipleship strategy.
- Assist in planning & leading regular gatherings of middle and high school students such as:
- Youth Group
- High School Huddle
- Events within the girls small groups
- Other Special Events.
- Invest time into studying youth ministry best practices and helping VHC better serve our students.
- Constantly evaluate VHC programs and methods to ensure they align with the student ministry vision, and goals.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Director of Student Ministries and attendance at churchwide sta meetings as needed.
- Attend church-wide functions including Sunday worship services and youth events.
- Proven commitment to know and follow Jesus Christ inwardly and outwardly.
- Committed to the personal study of Scripture, prayer, and worship.
- Walks as an Ambassador for Jesus Christ at all times and in all places – understanding that students are very observant, both in church gatherings and in public places.
- Experienced in ministering to students, demonstrating a heartfelt love for students, a desire for them to grasp and live the gospel of Jesus and the necessary relational skills to communicate that good news.
- Enjoys working with and developing a relationship with students and knows how to be approachable.
- Administratively- gifted in completing tasks and staying organized.
- Supervised by the Director of Student Ministries and the Session of Valley Hope.
- Participates in annual evaluation with the Director of Student Ministries.