Scope and Purpose:
We love students, their friends, and families and want them to be in a personal relationship with God to engage in God’s mission in making disciples in the world. The Student Ministry Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and organization to the student ministry to disciple sixth graders through college-age and their families. They will also assist the pastor, staff, and leadership of the church to disciple the congregation and community.
Specifically, the focus of the Student Ministry Coordinator position is:
- To pastor the middle and high school students at Siler, encouraging growth in faith and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To support students to understand their God-given gifts, talents, and their call to use these gifts to minister to others in the community, the nation, and the world.
- To provide students opportunities to study scripture and discover God at work in their lives.
- To facilitate and encourage students to build close relationships with family, peers and the congregation to help families become the primary disciplers at home in partnership with the church.
- A strong Christian faith and commitment to the Scriptures as the written Word of God, acting as a Christian role model to the students of Siler and the community.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university.
- Experience in developing and directing discipleship, educational programs, leading in group and individual activities for students in a church or other Christian setting.
- Experience in communication, teaching, and volunteer management and recruitment skills, with a spirit of team cooperation.
- A willingness to ask questions and work as part of a staff team to equip the church to disciple students and families.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary for this position is in keeping with regional salaries for similar roles in churches our size.
- Benefits include coaching from Lead Pastor, working with a healthy staff team, health insurance, sick time, holidays, vacation, education reimbursement, bonuses, and salary increases.
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume to Jeffrey Smith at [email protected] with a subject line of Siler Student Ministry Coordinator by March 15th, 2024.