About Ministry To State: Ministry to State (MTS) is a ministry of Mission to North America and part of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). MTS staff serve those in government through spiritual direction, Bible studies, counseling, prayer, and evangelism. The ministry currently operates out of Washington D.C. and in various state capitals in the U.S.
About The Summer Internship: The Summer Internship is designed to give men and women sensing a call to Christian ministry an opportunity to gain valuable ministry experience by working with our Washington D.C. team. Summer Interns will work alongside of ministry leaders in Washington D.C., specifically focusing on developing ministry to Capitol Hill interns and by assisting with our Commons program. Other assignments and duties include:
- Meeting regularly with Capitol Hill interns (coffees, lunches, etc.).
- Attending and assisting with weekly Bible studies, dinner forums, and events as assigned.
- Providing administrative support.
- Meeting weekly with an MTS Staffer for mentorship and professional development.
Qualifications: All qualified candidates will be committed Christians who clearly understand the Gospel and who sense a potential call to work in Christian ministry. The ideal candidate will likely be a college or seminary student (or recent graduate) looking to gain experience by ministering in a diverse setting. Other qualifications include:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work within a diverse work environment.
- An ability to minister in a non-partisan manner, providing ministry to people on both sides of the political aisle.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Compensation: A stipend of $1,500 will be provided, in addition to assistance with finding housing (if needed). Summer Interns may raise other funds to cover additional expenses (if necessary) and are advised to seek financial assistance and prayer from their home church and others from their personal network.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Director of Operations, Dave Durant ([email protected]), along with the contact information of two references. One reference should be a professional reference and the other should be a pastor or mentor who can speak to your character and spiritual formation.