Denomination: Ogden, UT
Weekly Attendance: 1700
The Role: Student Pastor
Washington Heights Building Meet Washington Heights:
Welcome to Washington Heights, a nondenominational church community in Ogden, UT, where we have been loving God and loving people since 1955. Our entire focus and purpose as a church community is to share the love that Jesus has given us with the people around us.
In a state where about 97% of the population does not know the Jesus of the Bible, we’re driven by a passionate outward focus. Every month, there’s something special happening to engage with people, providing opportunities for meaningful connections and spiritual growth.
We believe that everyone, without exception, is deserving of experiencing the boundless love of God. In our pursuit to share this transformative message, we’re committed to going above and beyond, stopping short of nothing but sin itself. We recognize that it’s hard to step into a new place for the first time. Our goal is to make that experience warm and welcoming, and before long we hope it will feel like family! In fact, 2023 has been a year of significant growth and we’re excited to launch an initiative that will expand our capacity with a new auditorium.
We offer a casual atmosphere where friendships can form and relationships can deepen. You can expect to have a great time being part of the Washington Heights Church community. Our goal is to create in-person and online environments that people who may not like church love to attend. Whether you are new to faith, just coming back to church, or a long-time follower of Jesus, we hope you find your time with us engaging and that you will want to come back.
About the Student Pastor:
Washington Heights is looking for a Student Pastor who will be responsible for leading, directing, and implementing student programs for High School students.
Washington Heights Worship The Student Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- Leads ministry to the students and our surrounding community.
- Works alongside Jr. High Pastor, volunteer’s, youth staff, and pastoral staff to accomplish the mission of students programs.
- Work with various staff members and lay people for the planning, development, and implementation of weekly activities.
- Is a leader of leaders by raising up qualified people to assume leadership roles in various aspects of ministry.
- Builds teams of gifted people to work well together and shepherds the teams
- Is responsible for all the needed ministry technical elements (i.e. digital and all video components, etc.)
- Assists, as needed, in large scale outreach events, i.e. invite events.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team for Student Ministries
Washington Heights Students What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Student Pastor:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Gifted with relational skills.
- Ability to recognize and involve people in their area of giftedness.
- Proven ability to facilitate ministry programs.
- Ability to develop and track budgets.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Clear sense of calling to ministry.
- Baptized believer in Christ.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values and culture of WHC.
- Teachable spirit.
- A “natural gatherer”.
- Actively reaching out to others with love and deep-rooted desire to see people actively involved in the life of the church.
- Good team player / works well with others.
Washington Height Student Worship Leader What it’s Like to Live in Ogden, UT:
Ogden, Utah is a charming city with a small-town feel, nestled at the base of the Wasatch Mountains. It offers residents a unique blend of urban living and outdoor recreation, with world-class skiing and snowboarding just a 20-minute drive away.
Ogden’s unique culture, centered around a conservative, safe, family-friendly environment, presents a unique opportunity for residents to get involved in ministry. Local churches are compassionate toward the town’s needs and willing to partner with residents in their service.
Ogden is a wonderful place to call home, with a thriving downtown area offering a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. It’s a place where you can enjoy the best of both worlds: the convenience of city life with the charm and close-knit community of a small town.