Living Hope Church (Findlay, OH) – Worship Director
The Big Picture
Living Hope Church (livinghopefindlay.com) is seeking a full-time Worship Director to join our dynamic ministry team. The ideal candidate will have a passion and proven capacity to help lead a large church into the kind of authentic worship of God that translates into missional living.
Focused on the bullseye of disciple making, we are committed to expository Bible preaching, and equipping God’s people for evangelism, missions, service, worship, and fellowship. The candidate who will thrive in our environment will have previous success building teams of musicians and vocalists along with technical competence. The ability to work effectively with a talented team of pastors, staff, and volunteers, with a direct collaborative relationship with the Senior Pastor is required. We anticipate our next Worship Director will play a key role not only in leading our church in worship of God, but also multiplying disciples of Jesus as we look to expand the reach of the gospel.
Worship Director Ministry Description
Reason: Giving vision and leadership to our worship ministry to advance Christ’s disciple making mission. The ideal candidate will have excellent musical ability combined with a servant’s heart and a coach’s mindset.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
- Giving vision and leadership to the overall worship ministry in partnership with the Senior Pastor.
- Equipping worship teams to lead the congregation in worship of God, through singing, praying, and reflecting on Scripture.
- Recruiting, training, and onboarding all volunteers involved in the services, including musicians, vocalists, and technicians.
- Leading worship team rehearsals.
- Raising up worship leaders.
- Pursuing theological, professional, and personal growth to ensure the doctrinal purity of the worship ministry.
- Singing and/or playing music in weddings or funerals as needed (or recruiting volunteers to do so).
- Choosing worship music which is biblically accurate and congregationally engaging.
- Planning the worship music in collaboration with the Senior Pastor (or guest speaker)
- Details of the worship service.
- Being responsible for content, mood, and production, with a goal toward the exaltation of Christ, sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, creativity, and excellence.
- Communicating clearly and consistently with worship team members to ensure an organized and efficient ministry (i.e., Planning Center scheduling and resources, arranging music, etc.).
- Partnering with the technical volunteers regarding equipment to ensure worship is enhanced (i.e., sound, lighting, media, and computers).
- Providing guidelines and assistance for groups that need to use equipment in the Worship Center.
- Worship services that help raise the congregation’s level of engagement in musical worship.
- Congregation members growing in their devotion to the Lord and their commitment to disciple making.
- Close ministry partnership with the staff team, especially the Senior Pastor, for planning unified worship services.
- Training and launching multiple worship teams and leaders.
- Worship team members growing in their faith and their skills to serve the Lord.
- A growing worship ministry in terms of overall church momentum and number of volunteers joining the ministry.
The total compensation package estimate is as follows:
Salary (depends on experience, education, etc.) $50-$65k
- There’s opportunity for pay increase each budget year based on performance and financial position of the church.
Family Health Insurance ~$25k
- This includes full health insurance, plus a $5k HSA to help cover the deductible.
- 10% of salary starting after one year of employment.
Other benefits: Cell phone stipend included in the paycheck of $70/month, disability insurance through the EFCA, a small life insurance policy as part of our insurance plan, a professional expenses fund to cover books, mileage, conferences, etc.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Living Hope Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Worship Director of Living Hope Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Living Hope Church?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected].