West Church is an independent Evangelical multi-generational family of believers that delights to worship God in a way that blends hymns, contemporary songs, prayer, scripture, quiet reflection, and celebration. We are seeking a gifted keyboard musician to lead us in worship together with our existing band. The worship team includes participants of all ages, children through adults.
- The candidate will evidence a living relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. They will be committed to the gospel, live in submission to Jesus’ commands, and manifest the spiritual gifts compatible with the position.
- The candidate will be in agreement with the West Church Statement of Faith and Biblical Purpose Statement.
- The candidate should be willing to become a part of our church family.
- The candidate is legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient on the piano and keyboard (organ is a plus).
- The ideal candidate will be able to read and play hymns as well as participate in a worship band. The ability to blend the two styles into a unified worship service is needed.
- The ideal candidate will have experience guiding instrumentalists and vocalists.
- The ideal candidate will have developing verbal skills to guide the movement of the public worship service.
- A working knowledge of AV equipment is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In addition to Sunday morning preparations and the worship service, the candidate will be available to rehearse the worship team one evening per week.
- The candidate will be available for special events throughout the calendar year which may include choral and instrumental music.
- Assistance with weddings and funerals would be requested depending on availability. Payment for these non-salaried services is made by the families according to the fee schedules set by the church.
This part-time position of 10-15 hour per week is offering $12,000 to $16,000, depending on the abilities and experience of the candidate.
How To Apply
Individuals who desire to be considered for this position should send the following information to [email protected]:
- Cover letter to include: Acknowledgement they have read and agree with our Statement of Faith (see church website); A brief paragraph explaining how their abilities and experience will enhance the music ministry at West.
- Video/Link of leading worship