Worship Leader Wanted
The Community Church of Alton is currently seeking an experienced, part-time Worship Leader to lead our Worship Team in powerful, Christ-centered Sunday services. This person should be able to work closely with the Pastor to select music that fits well with the weekly sermon. The Worship Leader will oversee music for any special services, oversee the Choir Director, and recommend any outside musical performances. This person must be able to coordinate a variety of musical talents for the glory of God. Although a Worship Leader should be a sufficiently gifted vocalist, we believe that the role of Worship Leader is not to showcase one’s own abilities, but rather to use those God-given abilities to lead and encourage the congregation as they actively worship God. The person we are looking for is someone who views himself or herself as a vessel that God uses, to bring glory and praise to His holy name.
We have an elder-led form of church government, with an active body of believers. We are a congregation that is hungry for God’s Word, with a deep desire to worship the Lord and see His will done through our lives. Our Pastor does expository preaching, meaning that he teaches verse-by-verse through passages of Scripture. We are determinedly focused on understanding God’s Word and doing our best to follow it, yet we are not legalistic in our approach. We seek to live out God’s call on our lives through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit within us. We are also a mission-minded church with a burden to reach the lost. We are looking for a Worship Leader who shares our vision and who will join us in our mission to serve and glorify Christ.
- Must be a practicing Christian who has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Must truly feel led by the Lord to accept the position.
- Instrumentalist (piano/keyboard or guitar) & Vocalist sufficiently gifted to be able to lead the Worship Team and congregation both musically and vocally.
- Must have prior sufficient experience leading Worship.
- Ability to relate to others with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages.
- Must be able to lead and teach with strength and humility.
- Must be able and willing to expand on the strengths and work with the limitations of the team that the Lord has brought to CCoA and who serves Him faithfully week to week.
- Ability to develop worship set lists with ‘flow’ and ‘feel’ to help draw in the congregation and hold focus on worship without undesired distraction.
- Must be sensitive to real-time ‘in the moment’ feedback from the congregation & especially the moving and leading of the Holy Spirit. (e.g., Not necessarily remaining strictly adhered to the set list, but adding a repeated chorus, or a quiet, introspective instrumental, possibly reading a relevant Scripture verse over the instrumental, etc.)
- Ability to work within Church budget and keep track of team expenses and needs.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of contemporary and traditional worship music.
- Basic knowledge of Live streaming or audio production is a plus as applicant must work with the Production crew.
Estimated hours per week: 12-15. Includes 1 mid-week rehearsal and Sunday Service
Renumeration to be discussed. The pay for this position will be commensurate with responsibilities.
How To Apply
To apply: Please send both a resume and a video (or a link to a video) of your music to: [email protected]