Youth and Families Minister
Denomination: Lutheran – LCMC
Weekly Attendance: 250
Location: Sandy, Utah
The Role: Youth and Families Minister
Meet Good Shepherd Lutheran:
Love God, Love Others, Make Disciples
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church is Christ Centered, Bible Believing, and Spirit Filled. Love God, Love Others, and Make Disciples is the “Why” of Good Shepherd and it unites us as a church family. Loving God and loving others with the love of Christ brings us into mission locally with ministries like Family Promise, Utah Royal Kids Camps, and bi-monthly Utah Food Bank distribution on the Good Shepherd Campus. Also, Christ brings us into extended missions through pre-teen, Jr. and Sr. High Mission trips to inner cities and reservations. Our Joy is to serve Him together locally and globally.
Through worship, fellowship, and service we show God’s goodness and kindness in the world.
We love because He first loved us.
About the Youth and Families Minister:
We are looking for a high-level leader, fully invested and trained in leading our Family Ministry programming for children from birth through 12th grade. This person would provide oversight and vision to the Children’s Ministry, while actively leading and engaging in Youth Ministry. The ideal candidate will have experience leading Youth and Family Ministry in a spirit led, Bible based church context. This role will be focused on ensuring there is a cohesiveness to the discipleship and teaching throughout the various stages of development for middle and high school-age youth. The key focus of this role is the discipleship and mentoring of parents and students alike to ensure there is an alignment and consistent teaching as our youth progress through their formative years.
The Youth and Families Minister is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people, a heart for mission and evangelism, someone with a passion for children, youth and their families, someone who can thrive in a team environment, and someone who is able to grow our children and youth and their families in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Youth and Families Minister’s Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement an effective ministry to children, youth and their families, while fully investing into their lives.
- Serve as the primary leader and communicator to the church and community for this ministry.
- Identify, invite, and train volunteers and leaders to be a part of a dynamic and growing Family Ministry.
- Cast vision for each ministry and groups of volunteers.
- Invest and equipt volunteer base to serve.
- Create, lead, and oversee irresistible and unforgettable ministry programming,
- Create opportunities for children and youth to use their gifts to serve God and His kingdom.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute special events throughout the year that provide meaningful opportunities for children, youth and their families to grow in their faith.
- Oversee, document, and communicate best safety and security policies as it pertains to the early childhood, elementary and youth ministries.
- Oversee and recommend environmental design updates conducive to this ministry.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed and requested by the Senior Pastor.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Youth and Families Minister:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor – Required
- Seminary – Bonus
- 5 plus years of similar experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of the Lutheran denomination and beliefs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to connect with multi-generational population
- Excellent communicator both on and off the platform.
- Demonstrated experience in training, teaching, and mentoring.
- Understanding of budgeting and financial operations of the church.
- Experience in training, teaching, and mentoring a ministry.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Strong growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must be a strong vibrant Christian who is Biblically sound and grounded in their faith.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and events.
- Must be flexible and possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess loyalty and commitment to the vision of the Good Shepherd Lutheran and that of the Senior Pastor.
- A people person who has a genuine love for people and a desire to serve them.
- Ability to discern with wisdom and build relationships with staff and lay membership.
What it’s Like to Live in Sandy, Utah:
Sandy, Utah, is a picturesque city nestled at the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range, offering residents a unique blend of outdoor beauty and suburban charm. Living in Sandy means waking up to breathtaking mountain views each day and enjoying easy access to some of the best outdoor recreational activities in the state. Whether you’re an avid skier or hiker, you’ll find world-class slopes and trails just a short drive away. In the summer, the nearby canyons provide fantastic opportunities for camping, mountain biking, and rock climbing. The city itself boasts a strong sense of community, with a range of family-friendly neighborhoods, excellent schools, and a thriving local economy. Sandy is also known for its vibrant arts and culture scene, with theaters, galleries, and community events that cater to a diverse array of interests.
Sandy residents also benefit from a strong local economy, driven in part by the presence of numerous tech companies and businesses in the surrounding area. This economic stability translates into a high quality of life, with well-maintained public amenities, including parks, recreational facilities, and a variety of shopping and dining options. The city takes pride in its commitment to education, with top-rated schools and educational institutions that prepare students for a bright future. Additionally, Sandy’s central location within the Salt Lake Valley ensures that residents have easy access to the cultural attractions, sports events, and employment opportunities of Salt Lake City, making it an ideal place for those who desire both the tranquility of suburban living and the excitement of an urban center within reach. Whether you’re seeking adventure in the great outdoors or a comfortable and welcoming community to call home, Sandy, Utah, offers the best of both worlds.