Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Hours Per Week: 20 - 25
Redeemer Church, West Side
New York, NY, USA
Job Type: Other Professional Ministry Positions,Support Position
The West Side Youth Coordinator will assist the West Side Youth Ministry Director and West Side Youth staff to run key aspects of West Side Youth, a Gospel-centered ministry for youth grades 6-12. The Youth Coordinator will support the Director and Manager by assisting in the implementation of the vision, mission, and goals of West Side Youth. West Side Youth is focused on sharing Christ’s transforming message with all NYC youth in a place where they will be seen, heard, respected and valued. West Side Youth is a relational community that meets youth where they are at through authentic, discipling relationships. Our goal is to equip and empower students to know God, become disciples of Jesus Christ, and to be released into their God-given talents, gifts and callings.
Friday Night Youth Meetings and WS Youth Events Support
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of Friday night meetings and WS Youth events.
- Undertake administrative tasks and provide logistical support including room reservations, submitting room setup requests, and communication with operations, events and front desk staff.
- Coordinate adult and youth volunteers.
- Assist in A/V setup, perform sound check, and troubleshoot as needed.
- Participate in and assist in Friday night meetings and WS Youth events by working with and supporting staff and volunteers.
General Office Administration and Ministry Support
- Research games, team building activities for youth and volunteers.
- Coordinate administrative tasks to support ministry.
- Monitor inventory and coordinate supply orders for the office and events.
- Maintain and organize supplies and storage areas.
- Identify and implement best practices across West Side Youth events including identifying problems or bottlenecks and proposing workable solutions.
- Process volunteer applications and keep up to date background checks for volunteers and staff.
- Manage West Side Youth email inbox.
- Oversee collection and management of required documents and forms for all events.
Database Management (training in Touch Point provided by Redeemer)
- Manage database tools and services.
- Create and manage online registrations for events and programs.
- Update records and information.
- Identify and execute new ways to optimize West Side Youth database.
- Manage and execute communication plan and calendar.
- Draft and edit emails about events, registrations, and updates in programming.
- Create promotional materials for events and West Side Youth including social media, flyers, WS Update, etc.
- Respond to inquiries about West Side Youth and events.
- Gather feedback from families including creating polls and surveys.
- Manage social media.
Qualifications and Skills
- Alignment and passion for Redeemer’s vision to serve New York City.
- Gospel-oriented heart to serve God, families, and youth in New York City.
- Commitment to the theology and traditions of the Reformed faith.
- Act as a positive Christian role model who possesses a love for God that is evident and contagious.
- Team player with ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic organizational environment.
- Available to work a nontraditional schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain high standards of honesty and integrity.
- Attentive to and works appropriately with a culturally and socio-economically diverse population.
- Excellent communication, service and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum two year undergraduate degree.
- Minimum two years’ experience (volunteer or paid) participating in children’s, youth, or college ministry in an administrative capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan, execute, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities, programs and events with strong time management.
- Ability to manage full administrative details of an organization.
- Knowledgeable in video and audio tech.
- Musical or vocal ability to participate in or lead Friday night worship.
- Proficiency with GSuite and MSOffice, Asana, Slack, database and social networking applications.
- Fluent in developing, executing, and maintaining social media presence.
Pay Rate: $26-$28/hr
Part Time: 20 – 25hrs/week
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Please apply at this link: https://westside-redeemer.apscareerportal.com/j/01ocise.